In order to determine the most effective dose of Growthful’s concentrate, the Aqueus team conducted a trial on Broccoli, spearheaded by Lance Beem with Beem Agro-Sciences. Within this study, Aqueus set out to determine Growthful’s effect on Broccoli yields and profits.
- Location: Chular, California, USA
- Start Date: December 15, 2020
- Harvest Date: March 24, 2021
- Irrigation: Sprinkler, 1 Acre foot Total
- Replicates: 6 Replicates per Treatment, 4 subsamples per replication, 4 Treatments and an Untreated Check
- Randomized Complete Block (RCB)
- Length: 25 feet
- Width: 3.3 feet (40” row spacing)
- Area: 82.5 sqft.
Growthful was tested in three different doses: 6.4 oz/10, 12.8 oz/10, and 25.6 oz/10
12/15/20 – Post Seeding/Pre-Emergence
12/29/20 – Young Seedling Stage/First True Leaf
1/11/21 – 4th True Leaf Stage
2/4/21 – 10-12 Leaf Stage
The optimal Growthful concentration (12.8 oz/10) was not only determined but it produced positive effects on both yield size and quality!
The optimized dose of Growthful produced a 7.9% increase in broccoli yields
ROI: At the current price of $0.85/lb, this yield increase directly equates to 6.7¢
additional profit per pound