Improving Grow Cycles
Oakland Urban Growers (OUG) operates a seed-to-table greenhouse in Oakland County, Michigan. They used NFT Hydroponics to grow leafy greens and have soil operations that are used for growing rooted vegetables. The tests mentioned below were replicated with controls in OUG 10,000 position hydroponic systems in a closed-loop environment. The company used 10 ml per gallon per tank and changed the tank water every 7 to 10 days.
Plant species were taken from the same seed lots, planted into the same flats with identical conditions, watered the same, then the flats were divided in half between two hydroponic systems to ensure accurate controls. In order to accurately map the different growth patterns among separate species of plants, were measured weight, height, and root health as the primary comparisons.
Growthful positively affected weight, height, root health, and overall plant health. Weight, height, and root health were recorded at higher levels in almost all of test plants compared to the control plants.
Overall, Growthful was able to grow lettuce heads faster reducing harvest time by one week, thus improving grow cycles per year.
- Average height increased 20% and weight increased 18%
- Crops tested included Lemon Basil, Rosemary, Red Salad Bowl, Adriana, Black Seeded Simpson.
- A significant increase of all observed parameters of Lemon Basil from the application of Growthful and positively affected weight, height, root health, and overall plant health.
- Rosemary yields were increased by the Growthful applications and the plant with was healthier in size, root development, number of branches and leaves, which was reflected in a higher weight compared to the control plant.
- The difference in the weight of the tested and control red salad bowl plants was observed starting from the 3rd week. The improvement in the height was observed from the first week. The root of the tested plant did not degrade compared to a control plant. Root health was visually assessed by density, color, and number of secondary root hairs
- Adriana lettuce yields were increased by the Growthful applications and the difference in the weight and height of the tested vs. control plants was observed right from the first week.
- Black Seeded Simpson yields were increased by the Growthful applications and the root of the tested plant did not degrade compared to a control plant.
Oakland Urban Growers
– In Furrow
Flexible Formulations to Meet Your Needs
There are 3 easy steps to adding Growthful into the mix.
Versatile Delivery for Any Operation
Growthful is easy to add to any of your current cultivation application methods, whether it’s drip-line, center pivot, boom spray, or aerial. It also works well with fertilizers, pesticides, fungicides and herbicides, and can be added to tanks with other chemicals to be applied in the same application, with no additional effort or labor costs.*
In Furrow / Starter
Growthful by the Crop
It doesn’t matter which crop you cultivate, Growthful results allow you to increase your profits and grow your business.
Grow Your Profits
Contact your Aqueus representative today and learn how you can growing your profits with Growthful!